Tuesday 17 April 2012

Festival of Half Square Triangles entry

It was a UFO for some weeks. It was hanging on my design wall waiting for the right moment, when I will finally say 'Hey, now I have an idea! I know what to do with it!'. At the beginning it was suppose to be a mini quilt, but then I realised that I don't need another mini. I have already enough hanging on my walls. My Mum was visiting me during Easter and she gave me a marvelous idea on the design (love you Mum!). She also helped me with the colours a bit. 

It will be a lap quilt and it will be a bit bigger than you see now, as I was running out of white fabric at the end (but it's already on it's way to me). Now only white border is missing. All the HSTs are there. The little squares are 2" finished. And yes, there are lots of them in this quilt top (probably I will have enough of HST for some time now, LOL). I have also prepared two pillows matching the design of the quilt, but they have to wait still for the white Kona cotton to come.

P.S. Any idea how to name it? I cannot find anything that sounds right...

Wisialo sobie takie UFO przez jakis czas na scianie. Nie wiedzialam, jak je skonczyc, ani co z tego zrobic. Dopiero moja mama (byla u mnie na swieta) podsunela mi pomysl i pomogla z doborem kolorow. Na poczatku to mial byc mini quilt, ale tak szczerze, to ja juz nie mam gdzie wieszac tych mini quiltow, wiec musialo byc cos innego. Jak nie mini quilt, to wiekszy quilt, haha... Jeszcze troche mu brakuje, bo zabraklo mi bialego materialu, ale wszystkie kolorowe elementy juz sa. Wiec teraz dojdzie jeszcze biala ramka. Beda tez dwie poduszki pasujace wzorem do quiltu:




For the backing I ordered orange Pezzy Print. I think it will fit the geometric design well:

A to material, ktory zamowilam na tyl. Bedzie pasowal do geometrycznego wzoru z przodu:


39 comments:

  1. przepiekny quilt! bardzo podoba mi sie jak rozmiescilas trojkaciki i jak dobralas kolory.. cudenko! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow its beautiful, I would call it "Fragments of glass" as the triangles around the main design looks like a shattered church window, simply stunning, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spirograph on the half square? Chrysanthemum Flutter-by?

    It is so beautiful, simple and elegant. I think the Kona white makes all the delicate swirling triangles really shine, and the center in divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like one of those spinning atoms things so I would call it Atomic Energy. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, I love it, it's stunning! How about "Tangerine Kaleidoscopic Flower"?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Śliczny! Trójkąty idealnie podkreślają środek. Trzymam kciuki za wygraną!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Incredible. It is a work of art and I love the scattering effect. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning!! Beautiful pattern and I love the colours. I'm useless with names but I'm sure you'll pick something great :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, I love the effect created by the HSTs! Orange Blossom perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is ridiculously fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, what a piece! no idea on the name as it left me speechless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I gasped out loud when I saw this. It's just gorgeous! It reminds me of butterflies around the best flower in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How about Confetti Flower or Flower Confetti? It is gorgeous, just as most of your designs are.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful. I have been wanting to make an orange and blue quilt. Radiating Blossom or Radiant Beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful quilt. It reminds me of something coming into focus....like scattered bits of a puzzle that suddenly make sense or the masterpiece hidden in the marble that suddenly has a form.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's a lot of HSTs, it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an amazing design Joanna and I love the colours!The HST's look like bits of petals coming off the flower so maybe "Floral Fragments".

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just stunning! What a gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it, just gorgeous and the white background really emphasises the pattern and colours. It looks so fresh and clean. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this! Did you draft the center? Reminds me of the dahlia pattern. Gorgeous color and that back will be perfect with it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How about "Pollination"? I love the pattern, it does remind of the pollen flying from a flower at this time of year. I've started taking my allergy pills for the first time today. Love your blog because of your designs, this one is just another reason to come back.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is so creative and beautiful! Very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just super po prostu. Nie mogę oczu oderwać.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Teraz wiem po kim masz talent:) dobór kolorów po prostu świetny a jako duży quilt wyglądać będzie znacznie lepiej, bo dodane narożniki świetnie go wzbogaciły. Podoba mi się to czyste zestawienie bieli i oranżów. Jak szyłaś te łuki w środku? i docelowo jaka będzie jego wielkość? Śliczna praca idzie na konkurs?:) Pozdrawiam :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This quilt is one of the best I've seen in quite a while - very unexpected and so pleasing to the eye. Looks like a top-down or bottom-up view of a large flower bloom surrounded by bits of sky. What I want to know is how is the center done??!! I can see all the HST's, but can't see the center well enough to get that! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! My first thought when I saw it was "petals in the breeze" as it looks like a flower whose petals are flying off in the wind. Or "windswept blossom"

    ReplyDelete
  27. Przepiękny!!! te kolory w połączeniu z bielą wyglądają tak czysto i świeżo. Trzymamy kciuki na konkursie-ten quilt na pewno będzie faworytem:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is fantastic!! Love your center and your triangles surrounding it!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely!! I love the colors...:)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't know what I would call it. But my mouth is hanging open at your talent. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  31. A stunning quilt!
    Can't wait to see how you quilt it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this quilt. The design is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very unique, it's a beauty. It reminds me of blowing the petals off a dandelion, so how about "make a wish"

    ReplyDelete
  34. Congratulations on your win, I'm so thrilled for you! Your quilt was the one I voted for and now I'm just super excited:) Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Amazing! Its beautiful! Congratulations :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...